Why should I volunteer?
Becoming a volunteer is a great way to try a career on for size and strengthen your community ties at the same time. Volunteering is one of the best investments you can make with your time. The more you give, the more you get. On top of the difference you can make in the lives of others, volunteering pays many career building dividends.
You can also be recognized for your volunteer service through the President's Volunteer Service Award. It is easy, fun, and a great way to enhance your resume! You may apply on your own, or with your organization! Next year's deadline is May 1, 2015!
What will you earn? Gold, silver or bronze?
Young Adults (15-25): 250 hours or more
Adults (26+): 500 hours or more
*Groups: 1,000 hours or more
Young Adults (15-25): 175-249 hours
Adults (26+): 250 to 499 hours
*Groups: 500 to 999 hours
Young Adults (15-25): 100-174 hours
Adults (26+): 100 to 249 hours
*Groups: 200 to 499 hours
*New requirment: for two or more people, with each member contributing at least 25 hours toward the total.
Volunteering Allows You To:
- Check out careers that might interest you
- Learn new skills and grow as a person
- Showcase the skills you already have
- Gain experience for your resume
- Feel more confident in your abilities
- Translate your interest into action
- Get a feel for the workplace
- Meet people and build a professional network
- Demonstrate your maturity to future employers
- Connect with your community
- Explore the world
Ready to get started?
Please go to Students tab to view a list of upcoming volunteer opportunities!