CSUSB President's Volunteer Service Award
Why should I volunteer?
Becoming a volunteer is a great way explore career options and develop a community network at the same time. Volunteering is one of the best investments you can make with your time. The more you give, the more you get. In addition to the difference you make in the lives of others, volunteering pays many career building dividends.
You can be recognized for your volunteer service through the CSUSB President's Volunteer Service Award. It is easy, fun, and a great way to enhance your resume! You may apply on your own, or with your organization.The deadline to submit your total hours is Monday, May 1, 2017 at 5PM, which includes volunteer hours from May 1, 2016-May 1, 2017.
ALL CSUSB students, faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to apply!
Submit hours as you volunteer and for those submittng hours as a group, each member must submit an application. Click here to complete the new paperless application.
What doesn’t count?
• Travel time to and from service activities
• Hours spent sleeping during overnight service trips or events
• Work for political campaigns
• Court ordered community service
• Religious Instruction (e.g. Bible school, usher, Eucharist)
• Research activities (e.g. you are assisting a proferssor with research)
• Internship hours (if receiving academic units)/paid internship
• Hours worked at a for-profit organization
• On-campus leadership programs (e.g. SMSU Program Board, ASI Executive Board, Outdoors Program, Resident Assistant SOAR Leader)
These are just some examples, for more information click here. Please contact (909)537-3793 or email email@example.com with questions. OCE reserves the right to determine the best way to track and record community engagement so that it is consistent and fair for all CSUSB applicants.
What will you earn? Gold, silver or bronze?
Individual: 250 hours or more
*Groups: 1,000 hours or more
Individual: 175-249 hours
*Groups: 500 to 999 hours
Individual: 100-174 hours
*Groups: 200 to 499 hours
*For group award, each member must contributea minimum 25 service hours per member toward the group total.
Ready to get started?
Please go to Volunteer tab to view a list of upcoming volunteer opportunities!