"Knowledge is food for the mind, without food for the body, learning is impossible."
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
Faculty Office Building, Room 236
2nd and 4th Wednesdays and Thursdays of the month
11am-1pm and 3pm-5pm
By appointment, please email email@example.com
Voice Message: (909) 537-7387
Click on the link to view The DEN video.
Have questions about the CSUSB food pantry? We’re here to help!
- The DEN assist students who face food insecurity or scarcity on our campus.
- The DEN is only available to currently enrolled CSUSB students, including undergraduate, credential, graduate, and doctoral students.
- To be eligible to utilize the services, students must be currently enrolled at CSUSB. Please make sure to bring your CoyoteOne Card to each visit to The DEN – confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- All of our items come from Helping Hands Food Pantry in San Bernardino, through departments and student club and organization food drives, as well as in-kind donations.
- The DEN can also help with referrals to other departments and organizations.
- The DEN and its services must not be abused; if so, privileges may be revoked and not be re-granted.
Quick Facts about The DEN
- We distribute “day packs” of food to help with short-term food assistance, which is our most popular program. Day packs are also located at various locations on campus, including the Ombuds Office, Recreational Sports,Veteran’s Success Center, SAIL, EOP, Health Center and more.
- If hungry students have families, we are sometimes able to provide gift cards to local grocery stores to purchase milk, bread, veggies, etc.
- We refer students who visit The DEN to other community resources, depending on their individual needs.
- Students from a variety of student organizations/departments have been awesome volunteers to staff The DEN and also sit at tables to advertise about the food pantry.
- Our campus has been very generous in donating food/hygiene items and gift cards to The DEN…for example, at Snow Day, the campus donated almost 2,000 pounds of food to help those in need! Student organizations, Greek Chapters, ASI, faculty, staff, administrators and university friends have made amazing contributions.
If you have donation for The DEN you may stop by Faculty Office building room 236 to drop-off your donation or simply contact us for pick-up. If you/your office or department would like to tour The DEN and see first-hand how these services are offered, please contact the Office of Community Engagement and we’ll be happy to make an appointment to show you around!
- Food items we need: canned meat (tuna, chicken, etc.), peanut butter, canned fruit of any kind, fruit cups, pudding cups, individual applesauce, mac and cheese cups, ravioli cups, and other individually packaged food that can go into a day pack of food for students.
- Hygiene items we need: deodorant (for men), razors, shaving cream, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and lotion.
- We also accept gift cards for a local grocery stores, you can either purchase one directly or give through the Faculty/Staff Annual Campaign – just indicate The DEN on your donation card.
In the news ...
See the listing of microwaves for on-campus use.
Guide to Homeless Service Provider booklet.
List of shelters in the Inland Empire.